Thursday, May 14, 2020

I'm Mad as Hell and I'm not Gonna Take it Anymore" -The Network 1976

I feel the need to create something. I am tired of being a consumer. I’m tired of reading about what everyone else has to say so that I will think like they want me to think. I am tired of wasting my time online reading articles and clicking around for pennies. I’m tired of being a pawn in someone else’s game. I am ready to take back control of my life. I am tired of reacting to everything instead of being proactive. I am not dictating my life right now. It is being dictated for me by the government, our society, politics, and the whims and moods of my family. But, what is it that I want to create? A novel? A memoir? An ebook? A course? A how- to? What is the purpose of this creation? To make money? To leave a mark? To actually do something meaningful rather than just waste my time away? Memoirs are overdone. Everyone has a story to tell, but maybe that’s the point. The common struggle that humanity faces is life. It’s relatable, it’s comforting, it’s encouraging. But, is it also boring, redundant, and cliche? The media is so biased and corrupt today. Newspapers and magazines are a thing of the past. Hell, magazines, will pay you to purchase a copy. Ridiculous. To be a writer of current events or about current society is a dead profession. Writing for a blog or a news website is probably about all there is left for contemporary writers. What even is a journalist anyway? They all have an agenda. I suppose, I would even have an agenda, if I were a journalist. That’s partly why I feel the need to create something. I’m tired of being talked down to. I’m tired of the media and the elites thinking Americans are stupid sheeple who will just follow along with whatever they tell us. I’m tired of the arrogance of so many leaders in their ivory towers. I’m tired of being told to go out and support local business when the government is purposely destroying our economy. Most times, when we do support a restaurant, it is a disaster. Businesses do not even know how to act like businesses anymore. They are understaffed, the food is cold or old, or they get the order wrong. Or you wait an hour after the pick up time to get your food. It is a disaster. There will be long lasting effects of this disaster. Why should we spend our money on this crap? $70 for a sub-par dinner at Chili’s is insane. That was food for a family of 4. If we “supported” local business for $70 a dinner for our family, we would need someone to support us because we would be broke. Speaking of supporting us, we didn’t get a dime of stimulus from the government. All my friends are happy as clams that they got their stimulus money and then brag about how they are spending it. Well that stimulus money is just going to cause inflation because when you just print money, it is worth nothing. That’s another thing, the Democrats want to bail out the Democrat states because they are broke. They have been bleeding money to all of their pet projects for decades. Look now, oh no, they can’t afford to pay the state retirement fund. What did you think would happen, Illinois? Another ponzi scheme brought to full light for the country to see. I am just a wife, mother, and very small business owner. I pay taxes, I raise my kids, and support our teachers. I’m no one, but I also won’t be a pawn anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment